Unaudited Interim results for the six months ended 30 June 2017
Dated 26 September 2017
Kibo Mining plc (“Kibo” or the “Company”) (AIM: KIBO; AltX: KBO) the mineral exploration and development company focused on coal, gold, and nickel projects in Tanzania, is pleased to announce its unaudited half year results for the period ended 30 June 2017.
Highlights from the Chairman, Christian Schaffalitzky’s statement:
- Kibo wins Innovation Project Development Deal of the Year 2017 at recent General Electric awards ceremony;
- Reaffirmed strong Tanzanian Government support for the MCPP in the midst of on-going energy and mining sector reforms;
- ESIA and Mining Licence Application (MCPP) at advanced stage in certification/approval process;
- MOU to govern the future development of the MCPP in general and PPA in particular submitted by TANESCO to the Attorney General for review and final execution copy expected shortly;
- Successful divestment of Imweru & Lubando gold projects to recently AIM listed Katoro Gold PLC in which the Company retains an initial 57% interest; and
- Extended drill programme at Imweru by Katoro completed ahead of schedule and within ESIA and PFS at advanced stage of execution.